Translation Manager & MENA Specialist
Do you desire to see the day when the Bible has been translated into every language used in the world? Would you like to say you played a part in making that happen? Then the Mini Bible College (MBC) team wants to hear from you. The Translation Manager and MENA (Middle East/North Africa) Specialist works cooperatively with the MBC team and ICM’s church building team to reach the world for Christ. This team member will nurture believers worldwide – particularly in the MENA region through the Mini Bible College curriculum (currently in 50 languages).
Primary Duties Include:
- Oversee new and ongoing translation projects
- Oversee initiating, launching, and completion of new language translations
- Guide Strategic Ministry Team (SMT) members concerning translation issues.
- Work with management to develop translation strategy.
- Recruit new translation partners
- Learn from industry leaders and implement best practices
- Attend conferences and workshops with the goal of developing new methods and like-minded partnerships
- Work with Ministry Advancement and MBC staff to ensure accurate donor reports
- Manage the effective completion of all assigned MENA region projects.
- Find innovative solutions to package the MBC program for MENA people groups.
- Travel internationally to provide training and partner support
- Partner with other MENA-focused ministries
- Identify ministry deficiencies among ICM partners and actively seek solutions
- Assist with and manage the creation of ICM training materials for staff and partners
- Create and execute ministry strategies that will increase the use of ICM’s discipleship resources worldwide
- Develop a strong Christian relationship with all ICM partners.
- Communicate through online database portal, email, Skype, and phone
- Consistently relay partner prayer needs to ICM
- Assist partner to “equip His people for works of service, so that the body of Christ may be built up until we all reach unity in the faith and in the knowledge of the Son of God and become mature, attaining to the whole measure of the fullness of Christ.” (Ephesians 4:12-13)
Master’s degree or higher, experience with Islamic culture preferable. Candidate must be a mature believer in Jesus Christ. Strong leadership skills, teamwork mindset, strong project management and organizational skills required. Must be flexible in shifting priorities and time application as ministry leadership directs. Must be able to contribute to a positive work environment. Effective communication skills and ability to plan and deliver presentations to all audience levels. Must have a theological base to be used in working with MBC materials and a heart for, and knowledge of, Scripture. Must be technologically proficient and exhibit cross-cultural sensitivity. International travel experience and digital marketing training is a plus. Expertise needed in contextualizing the gospel for Muslim peoples.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Must pass a pre-employment reference screen
- Proof of valid driver’s license and acceptable Motor Vehicle Report required
- Must provide proof of legal authorization to work in the United States
Director of Market Development & Communications
Do you desire to see God’s Word transforming lives in every language all over the world? Would you like to see a healthy church within walking distance of every person in the world? Would you like to say you played a part in making that happen? If you answered YES, then the Ministry Advancement team wants to hear from you. The Director of Market Development and Communications leads a team of graphic design and communications professionals in the implementation of organizational vision and strategy in the primary areas of brand development and promotion, marketing and public relations, investor relations, market development, and corporate communications across multiple modalities including print, video, multimedia, and social media platforms.
Primary Duties Include:
- Provide oversight and direction into the development, integration, and implementation of Marketing Communications, Investor Communications, and Corporate Communications
- Provide oversight and direction into Project Management within the area of responsibility including implementation of print and other development processes, video production, investor experience design and feature prioritization.
- Provide oversight and direction into the development, integration, and implementation of a broad range of public relations activities relative to the strategic direction and positioning of the organization and its leadership.
- Responsible for the oversight of ICM’s varied and integrated communications products and services including but not limited to: Investor Reports, Annual Report and other print publications, regular appeals via pring; web, mobile, e-news and other online communications; media and public relations; and marketing.
- Lead a broad and diverse Interactive & Comms team consisting of both international and external (outsourced) resources by creating a culture that serves ICM’s vision, aligns with organizational core values, and enables growth in staff.
- Influences culture to be more collaborative, innovative, and future-focused
- Provides oversight and direction for digital and print communications, marketing and media (social media, SEM, email, video production) and technology products – both internal and external.
- Oversees all Project Management for the area of responsibility.
- Provides oversight and direction in all areas of communication on behalf of the team to other teams within ICM and organizations externally.
- Develops and implements an integrated strategic communications plan to advance ICM’s brand identity; broaden awareness of its programs and priorities; and increase the visibility of the programs across key stakeholder audiences.
- Actively engage, cultivate, and manage press relationships to ensure coverage surrounding ICM programs, special events, public announcements, and other projects.
- Exercise judgment to prioritize media opportunities, and oversee the preparation of talking points, speeches, presentations and other supporting material as needed.
- Oversees the creation of a marketing/public relations strategy that will allow ICM leadership to cultivate and enhance meaningful relationships with targeted, high-level external audiences, including fellow translation/ministry agencies, the media and key influencers; this also includes internal influencers.
- Oversees the use of technology and content in making the ICM brand “come alive” in a consistent way
- Ensures Marketing & Comms group decisions and strategies are influenced by research and end-user responsiveness.
- Oversees the relationships with third-party vendors to aid in research, development, testing and implementation
- Oversees messaging, content, roadmap, updates and on-going maintenance of ICM websites and digital properties
- Connects to partner organizations and domains as collaborative tools and messages are imagined.
- Collaborates closely with peers from the Church Growth and Discipleship teams in product development and other technology initiatives
- Serves as a member of the Ministry Advancement leadership team
- Creates and manages the operational and staffing budget for the Marketing & Communications team.
- Recruit, hire, and onboard new staff. Provide meaningful staff care. Conduct performance management in alignment with organizational guidelines. Model the core values and leadership principles of candor, communication, empowerment, and trust.
- Position Requires 3-5 weeks of travel per year.
- Strong faith in Jesus Christ as Savior; God honoring lifestyle;
- Passion for the Word of God and provision of the Word for every people group;
- Championing ICM’s vision, mission, and values;
- Requires 7-10 years in marketing, content creation, communications or UI/UX.
- 2-4 years of leading creative or technology teams is required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing or Web Development is required, or equivalent work experience. Graduate degree preferred.